TIMKEN WHEEL HUB ASSEMBLY FRONT AWD
Timken Wheel Hub Assembly is a single integrated unit that can be bolted directly onto corners, eliminating the need for conventional components like washers, spacers and nuts.
Its design provides for lower total system cost, improved performance, reduced weight and lower warranty costs.
The Formed Hub utilizes fewer components over conventional 4 x 2 designs, simplifying installation and reducing costs.
Features and Benefits:
- Allows the same configuration to be used on driven and non-driven wheels, replacing the conventional 4x2 (dead) spindle.
- Features an advanced sensor and sensor technology for superb performance.
- Holds bearing setting more consistently than traditional thread and nut designs. The resulting system stiffness reduces rotor run-out and improves brake performance.
- Reduces weight by up to 20% per assembly compared to conventional wheel end solutions.
- Self-clamped design eliminates high stress in the spindle and CV joint, reducing overall warranty costs caused by bearing wear and failure.
Timken Wheel Hubs With Integral SensorsTIMKEN SENSOR-PAC is a bolt on wheel bearing package featuring an integral sensing system design to improve performance for anti-lock brake and traction control systems.
- Features an active sensor capable of sensing down to zero speed. Sensor’s speed information can be used for vehicle dynamics control systems, speed control, speedometer, odometer, trip computer and other purposes.
- Internally-mounted sensor protects against the elements, which ultimately reduces warranty costs. SENSOR-PAC also utilizes very small sensor-to-target wheel gaps, enabling a much smaller and more cost- effective sensor.
- Includes an internally-mounted sensor that protects against debris, corrosion, thermal shock, and other hazards that threaten externally-mounted sensors.
- Designed for superior performance in a minimal space. Timken engineers have packaged the sensor within the bearing without increasing overall dimensions to promote high performance and equal load carrying capacity in a minimum space.