SUPERTECH VALVES VALVE KIT SUBARU STD SIZE - SUBARU (WRX / STI)
Black Nitride Coated Supertech Performance Dished Face Valves. Subaru EJ20, EJ25 WRX, WRX STi.
STD Size for your high flowing cylinder head application. Only the best materials are used in the creation of Supertech Performance's valves. Ready to handle whatever abuse you can throw at them.
In out kit you will receive a COMPLETE SET of 16 VALVES (8 intake, and 8 exhaust)
Part # SIVN-1010 x8 - intake - STD Size
Intake Valve Specs -- 36.00mm Head Diameter, 5.96mm Stem Diameter, 104.35mm Length
Part # SEVN-1010 x8 - exhaust - STD Size
Exhaust Valve Specs -- 32.00mm Head Diameter, 5.96mm Stem Diameter, 104.70mm Length
Benefits for Black Nitride Coating includes:
- The micro hardness is higher than the stainless steel base material, keeping good ductility beneath the hard nitrated layer (micro hardness is 800hv minimum)
- Surface finish is smoother than with chromed valve stems, having less friction between the stem and guide.
- Valve seat surface is harder with the nitrated layer, lasting longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro or other "explosive" mixes. Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats, hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats).
- Higher RPM engines take full advantage of all previous features. The higher the engine speed the bigger the power loss due to internal engine friction! The black nitride layer reduces this power loss due to less valve-guide friction.
- The nitrated layer is adhered to the base material at microscopic level, so it will not "flake" or brake when the valves bend due to impacts with the pistons.
- The Black Nitride applies to the whole valve while the chrome coating is only applied to the stem.
- All valves are swirl polished, have stem undercut, a hardened tip, and more.