STOPTECH CRYO-SPORTSTOP DRILLED ROTOR - SUBARU (STI)
StopTech Cryo-SportStop Drilled Rotors are cryogenically treated for durability and extra strength. Manufactured using QS and ISO Quality System Standards, quality and performance are ensured.
With an internal vane structure identical to stock rotors, the one-piece StopTech Cryo-SportStop Drilled Rotor is a direct replacement rotor that fits Original Equipment calipers. Its drilled design helps remove unwanted debris between the pad and disc resulting in increased bite and improved stopping power. This same drilled look for rear brakes can help match the aesthetics of a front big brake kit, too.
Rotor longevity, abrasive wear-resistance and strength are ensured via StopTech's deep cryogenic process. Cooled to -300 degrees F and then slowly returned to room temperature, the process permanently and dramatically affects the metal structure inhibiting internal oxidation and increasing thermal fatigue resistance. Cryogenically treated rotors can last up to three times as long as untreated rotors.
- Premium black E-coating finish to combat corrosion on the rotor hat and between the cooling vanes
- Cryogenically treated to greatly enhance durability
- Castings have important O.E. details including extractor and set screw holes
- Superior cooling fin designs
- Double disc ground finish
- 100% fully machined finish including rotor hats
- 100% inspected and mill-balanced
- Lateral runout held to 0.002" or less
- Meet or exceed rigid quality specifications, including cooling vane designs
StopTech Cryo-SportStop Drilled Rotors' finish helps prevent glazing of the pads to improve dry/wet braking performance. All rotors are finished with durable black E-coating on the non-swept areas to prevent unsightly corrosion, as well.
- Uniform coating thickness over all areas including sharp corners, recesses and areas that would be hard to reach with spray painting
- Paint material is water-based and nontoxic
- Approximately 95% utilization of paint with no overspray, drip or drain losses
- Complete paint coverage – no touchup ever required