Type: 237916 / 5W-40 100% Fully Synthetic
Application: Motor oil for modern gas and diesel engines
Specifications: API SN/CF ACEA A3/B4
OEM Approvals: MB 229.5 (also AMG Approved), BMW LL-01, Porsche A40, VW / Audi 502 00 / 505 00, and GM LL-B-025
Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40 100% synthetic lubricant is especially designed for powerful and newer vehicles with large displacement engines. 8100 X-Cess 5W-40 is a product that features numerous car maker approvals. It is recommended for vehicles still under warranty. Suitable for all type of fuels: leaded gasoline, unleaded gasoline, diesel and LPG.
- The ACEA B4 performance requires an outstanding detergent/dispersant power and a better viscosity increase resistance due to soot produced by Direct Injection Diesel engines (except VW unit injector engines that require a VW 505 01 product such as Motul Specific 505 01 / 502 00 / 505 00 5W-40).
- The BMW Long Life-01 specification imposes severe constraints to the lubricant particularly due to the Valvetronic system. It covers all BMW engines since 2001 and also all the previous BMW specifications such as BMW LL-98.
- BMW LL-01 standard covers also all Gasoline engines running only outside European Union countries, Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein. Refer to BMW recommendations when in doubt.
- GM Diesel LL B-025 standard requires two main properties from the lubricant: high HTHS and very low volatility to drastically decrease oil consumption. MOTUL 8100 X-cess 5W-40 is especially recommended for diesel engines.
- The MB 229.5 standard is more stringent than 229.3 in terms of ageing and oil film resistance (extended drain interval: on-board computer), detergent/dispersant power (ACEA B4) and requests fuel economy performance: 1.7% fuel economy improvement versus a 15W-40 reference.
- The specification MB 229.5 applies to all Mercedes Gasoline engines, including AMG (in 5W-40 viscosity grade) except SLR, and to all Mercedes diesel without DPF engines.
- The Porsche A40 standard requires extreme high shear resistance from the lubricant. This specification applies to all Porsche engines, except Cayenne V6 and Diesel versions (for these specific engines, use an approved Porsche C30 lubricant such as Motul 8100 X-clean+ 5W-30).
Motul products are all API and SAE approved with the latest certifications. Using the correct application of Motul product will not void the vehicle's factory warranty.
Motul has risen above existing standards by developing products based on unconventional technologies like the Double Esters of the 300V range for cars and motorcycles or else the amine-free and boric acid-free technologies used in the aeronautics industry for machining titaniums.