Type: 3374650 237930 / 5W-40 100% Fully Synthetic
Application: Motor oil for modern gas and diesel engines
Specifications: API SN/CF ACEA C3
OEM Approvals: BMW LL-04, MB 229.51 / 229.31, VW / Audi 502 00 / 505 00 / 505 01, Porsche A40, GM Dexos 2 (License # GB2B0325011), and Ford WSS M2C 917A.
Recommendations: Motul 8100 X-clean 5W-40 100% synthetic lubricant (Mid-SAPS) is specially designed for Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) and Three Way Catalytic converters. Any car powered by turbo Diesel direct injection or gasoline engines, EURO IV and EURO V emission regulation compliant, requiring an ACEA C3 engine lubricant, high HTHS viscosity and (Mid SAPS).
Motul 8100 X-clean 5W-40 100% synthetic lubricant is specially designed for the latest generation vehicles that are powered by turbo Diesel direct injection or Gasoline engines, EURO IV or EURO V emission regulation compliant, requiring an ACEA C3 engine oil i. e. high HTHS (3.5 mPa.s) viscosity and Mid SAPS with reduced content of sulphated ash (0.8%), phosphorus (0.07 x 0.09%) and sulphur (0.3%).
Compatible with catalytic converters and Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF). Suitable also for any type of Diesel or Gasoline engines calling for ACEA A3/B3 or A3/B4 lubricant. Before use always refer to the owner manual or handbook of the vehicle.
- Engines compliant with EURO IV and EURO V emission regulation are fitted with sensitive exhaust gas after treatment systems. Indeed, Sulfur and Phosphorus inhibit catalytic converters operation leading to inefficient exhaust gas treatment; and Sulfated Ashes clog DPFs leading to shorten regenerating cycle, quick oil aging, higher fuel consumption, and engine power loss.
- The ACEA C3 standard requests from the lubricant significant oil film resistance and low emission performance for powerful engines: Motul 8100 X-clean 5W-40 has synthetic base stocks and dedicated SAPS levels that generates outstanding oil film resistance, reduces friction in the engine and provides after treatment devices compatibility.
- Motul 8100 X-clean 5W-40 brings high lubricating properties such as wear protection and high temperature resistance for better controlled oil consumption.
- ACEA C3 lubricants achieve extended drain intervals managed by vehicles on-board computer.
- Numerous OEM's such as Kia, Hyundai, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Suzuki recommend an ACEA C3 lubricant for most of their vehicles especially diesels with DPF.
- The BMW Long Life-04 specification imposes severe constraints to the lubricant particularly due to Valvetronic and after treatment systems compatibility. It covers all BMW diesel engines from 2009.
ATTENTION : BMW LL-04 product can be used for gasoline engines only in European Union countries, Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein. Outside those countries, a BMW LL-01 lubricant such as MOTUL 8100 X-cess 5W-40 is required. Refer to BMW recommendation.
Motul products are all API and SAE approved with the latest certifications. Using the correct application of Motul product will not void the vehicle's factory warranty.
Motul has risen above existing standards by developing products based on unconventional technologies like the Double Esters of the 300V range for cars and motorcycles or else the amine-free and boric acid-free technologies used in the aeronautics industry for machining titaniums.